YOGHURT CAKE WITH RHUBARB
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup plain, unsweetened Greek yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 2 full tablespoons butter (melted)
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup cold butter
- 3 large sticks of rhubarb (cut into small cubes, around 1cm, 0,5inch)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons confectioners’ sugar
- Butter for the baking dish
- Preheat the oven to 180C/360F.
- Mix pieces of rhubarb with 2 tablespoons of sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix flour and baking powder.
- In another bowl whisk eggs with sugar until it dissolves. Add yoghurt, vanilla extract, melted butter and lemon zest. Using a large spoon or spatula mix all the ingredients until smooth.
- Add wet mixture to dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- To prepare crumbs, mix flour, sugar and cold butter using your fingertips. Form little pieces.
- Spread butter all over your baking dish (I used a medium one).
- Transfer the batter evenly to the baking dish. Add rhubarb on top and gently push it into the batter.
- Sprinkle with crumbs and bake for around 40 minutes or until a wooden stick inserted in the center of cake comes out clean.
- Let cool inside baking dish for around 20 minutes, then sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar.