Once asparagus season starts I would not miss an opportunity to cook something delicious with it. This is one of my favorite ways to serve pasta with asparagus.
TAGLIATELLE WITH ASPARAGUS, ZUCCHINI IN A CREAMY RICOTTA-BLUE CHEESE SAUCE
- 250g/ 8.8 oz. fresh tagliatelle pasta
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 330g/ 0.7lbs fresh green asparagus cut into bite size pieces (around 2.5cm/1inch)
- 1 large zucchini, shredded
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 0,5 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup blue cheese
- In a large pot, bring well-salted water to boil.
- In a meantime, in a large pan, heat up the olive oil on a medium heat and fry the onion and garlic until soft.
- Add asparagus, leaving the tops of it. Add salt and fry asparagus until they start to get soft.
- Add zucchini and tops of asparagus and fry until soft. Salt for taste.
- Add pasta to the boiling water and cook according to the package instructions.
- In a meantime, add ricotta and blue cheese to asparagus and zucchini, then mix.
- Add water from the pot where your pasta is cooking, around 0,5 cup.
- Mix well until the cheese fully melts and create a sauce.
- Add more water or more cheese if needed.
- Add pasta to the pan and mix to combine well.