Pasta is an often guest at our home, we both love it! But who doesn’t, right? 😉
I’m always trying either to make fresh pasta or buy it because it makes so much difference! It just tastes better in my opinion.
So if you have a chance get yourself a good, fresh pasta, or.. make it yourself using this recipe: Home-made Pasta
We love all kinds of pasta with all kinds of sauces; from a traditional pomodoro to carbonara.
Here is one of the sauces we often have at home; tomato with spinach and ricotta.
The recipe should be fine for a 2 large portions or 3 medium.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1kg (around 2.2 lbs) cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 100g (around 5 handful) fresh spinach
- 3 tablespoons ricotta
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan to sprinkle
- Fresh basil to sprinkle
- Fresh pasta (tagliatelle/fettuccini) around 300g/ 0.7lbs
- Cut tomatoes in halves.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat, then add garlic.
- Fry for a minutes, mixing constantly.
- Add tomatoes and higher the fire. Add salt and pepper, then taste and add more if needed.
- When tomatoes start to turn to a sauce, lower the heat to medium high and add spinach.
- Mix it in until it wilts and connects with sauce.
- Lower the heat and simmer the sauce until it is reduced.
- Taste and add a bit of salt if needed.
- Add ricotta and mix it in the sauce until all is well connected.
- Cook pasta according to box instructions.
- Reserve around half cup of pasta water.
- Add pasta to the sauce and add a bit of pasta water to help the ingredients to mix well.
- Mix all together and transfer pasta to plates.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and fresh basil.