Rome is on of our favorite cities in the world! Not only it’s really beautiful, charming and romantic but also it has amazing food!!! So when we go to this gorgeous city we love to try all this delicious goodies 🙂 We also have our favorite restaurant that serves THE BEST pasta with zucchini flowers! The pasta is of course made fresh in the restaurant so you can imagine that it tastes like heaven in your mouth 😉 Sometimes I think I could eat there everyday, but luckily I remind myself that there is so many other places with delicious food out there to be discovered 🙂
So I had to recreate this wonderful pasta! Also, I realized that me and Tide might need to visit Rome soon so I can get better references 😉
- 10 zucchini flowers with zucchini
- 1 small onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon olive oil + more to serve
- 3 tablespoon Parmesan cheese + bit more to serve
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 egg yolk
- Salt and black pepper
- 250g (around ½ pound) fresh Tagliatelle or Spaghetti
- On a large pan heat the olive oil. Add chopped onion and fry on a medium heat. After few minutes add garlic and fry for a few minutes more.
- In a meantime clean zucchini together with flowers. Separate flowers from zucchinis and set aside.
- Slice zucchini thinly and add to the pan. Sprinkle gently with some salt and fry on a medium heat until soft.
- Chop zucchini flowers and add them to the pan.
- Cook pasta in a large pot with well-salted water. Reserve around a cup of pasta water in the end of cooking.
- In a mean time combine the egg yolk with cream. Add a pinch of salt and a pit of black pepper.
- Transfer cooked pasta into the pan with zucchini and mix to combine. Turn the heat down to lowest and add the egg/cream mixture. Add Parmesan and mix everything until the sauce covers whole pasta well.
- Transfer pasta into the bowls/place and gently drizzle with a bit of olive oil. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.