ORIENTAL BEEF WITH VEGGIES
- 400g (14oz.) good quality steak, cut into thin slices
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into small sticks
- 1 large red pepper, deseeded and finely sliced
- 1 small onion, finely sliced
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely sliced
- 500g (1lbs) broccoli florets
- 0,5 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 full teaspoon corn starch
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat up a tablespoon of olive oil in a wok on a high heat. Add meat and fry it for around 2 minutes until it browns. Don’t over fry i, otherwise the meat will get hard.
- Put the meat into a bowl, cover and set aside.
- Add the rest of the olive oil into the wok and add carrots, peppers and onions. Lower the heat to medium, put the lid on your wok and fry until all the vegetables are soft. Add garlic and fry for a minute.
- Add ginger and sesame oil. Mix and cook covered for a few minutes.
- In a meantime put the broccolis to well salted, boiling water and cook for 2 minutes (if you are using frozen broccolis just pour the water over the broccolis on a strainer and set aside).
- In a cup prepare the sauce; mix rice vinegar, water and soy sauce. Add corn starch and mix everything well using a fork.
- Take your reserved beef and mix with vegetables in the wok, add sauce and stir until ingredients combine and the sauce thickens.
- Add broccolis and gently mix everything together.
- Put the lid on, lower the heat and let it heat up a bit.
- Add some black pepper and splash with a bit of soy sauce.
- Serve with rice or noodles.