Last week I tried that recipe for a homemade, healthy muesli by my favorite fitness guru Kayla Itsines and I LOVE it!
It is delicious and much healthier than store bought ones!
The best about making your own muesli is that you can add all your favorite nuts, dried fruits etc. and create your own unique and yummy breakfast. The recipe makes around 6 servings.
Store it in a cool and dry place for up to two weeks.
- 2 cups (250g) of rolled oats
- ½ cup (45g) chopped almonds
- ½ cup (15g) puffed quinoa
- ¼ cup ( 30g) pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup (30g) sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 1 small pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 150C (300F).
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl, so that all the dry ingredients are well covered by wet ingredients.
- Spread the mixture into a very thin layer on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden or to your liking.
- Cool and store in a air tight container or glass jar.
- To serve, put yogurt or milk in a bowl or a glass, top with muesli and your favorite fruits, nuts or whatever you like ☺