This is probably our favorite version of french toasts! The sweetness and freshness of fruits, creaminess of ricotta, crunchiness of crumbles makes it taste just like heaven!
FRENCH TOASTS WITH RICOTTA AND FRUITS
Recipe for 2 persons
- 4 slices (around 2,5cm/1 inch thick) bread of your choice (I used sweet challah bread with crumble)
- 1 egg
- 50ml/ 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon of sugar (optional)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Few strawberries, blueberries and pomegranate (or other favorite fruit)
- 4 tablespoons creamy ricotta
- Maple syrup for serving
- Whisk together eggs, milk and sugar.
- Melt the butter on a hot pan over a medium high heat.
- Place each slice of bread into the milk egg mixture and let it soak it in a bit.
- Shake off the excess, then place the toast on the hot pan.
- Fry the toasts for around 2 minutes on each side until golden.
- Place the toasts on a plate, add a bit of ricotta (around a flat tablespoon) and fresh berries on top of each toast.
- Serve hot with maple syrup (poured right before serving).