Here is a classic Italian chicken recipe. Serve it with pasta or rice. It’s delicious and filling and so cheesy..
Author: The Cooking Team
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless with no fat
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 can cubed tomatoes in juice
- 1 fresh mozzarella ball, cut into slices
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C (350 degrees F).
- In a medium pot, heat olive oil and add onion together with pressed garlic. Fry for a few minutes, then add tomatoes.
- Lower heat and cook for around 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- In a meantime, clean chicken breasts and make sure there is no fat.
- Cover chicken with a plastic wrap and lightly pound the chicken using a meat mallet.
- Using three shallow bowls or plates, add flour to one, egg to another and bread crumbs to the third.
- Season your chicken with some salt and pepper and put each breast to the bowl with flour.
- Cover well both sides and dip into the beaten egg.
- Finally, cover the chicken with bread crumbs.
- In a large pan, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until light golden brown, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Pour ¼ of tomato sauce into a medium baking dish.
- Place chicken over sauce and cover with remaining sauce.
- Cover with mozzarella slices over chicken breasts and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Put the chicken in the oven and bake for around 20 minutes.