CHICKEN CURRY WITH EGGPLANTS AND TOMATOES
Recipe is for 2 persons
- 2 chicken breasts (cut into bite size stripes)
- 1 large eggplant (cut into slicen, then into bite size stripes)
- 1 onion (cut into half, then sliced)
- 2 large tomatoes (cubbed)
- 1 can (400ml/13.5oz) coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1½ tablespoon red curry paste
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- lime juice of ¼ lime
- pinch of sugar
- salt for taste
- rice to serve
- Sprinkle salt over cut eggplant and set aside for around 10-15min.
- Salt the chicken for taste and fry it on coconut oil in a large pan or wok on a high heat.
- Add cut onion, lower the heat to medium and cook until onion softens.
- Add curry paste and mix until everything is nicely covered in paste.
- Using a strainer, rinse the eggplant with some water to remove the salt. Dry the eggplant and add it to the pan with chicken and onion.
- Add soy sauce and cook for few minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Add cubbed tomatoes and salt to taste. Cook until tomatoes get soft.
- Add coconut milk and, pinch of sugar and lime juice.
- Mix everything together and cook until the sauce reduces a bit and gets thicker (about 10 minutes). In a meantime cook rice.
- Try the sauce and add more salt if needed.
- Transfer curry to large bowls or plates, sprinkle with some parsley and serve with rice.