What’s your favorite breakfast? Are you a sweet loving person or do you prefer a nice sandwich?
One thing is sure, all of us (I hope 🙂 ) love yummy, fresh bread that can go with jam, eggs, cheese, all kind of spreads and anything you can imagine.. And what’s better then a delicious smell of fresh bread at home?
This bread will go perfectly with pretty much everything you might want to have for your next breakfast.
- 2,5 cups milk
- 30g / 1oz fresh yeast (14g / 0,5 oz dry yeast)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons melted unsalted butter (+2 tablespoons of melted butter to brush the rolls)
- 1,5 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups bread flour
- Heat up the milk on a small heat (or in a microwave) just so it’s warm (not too hot).
- In a large bowl, combine yeast with milk, mix and set aside.
- In a separate, smaller bowl, whisk eggs, add melted butter, salt and sugar.
- Add egg mixture to the yeasts and whisk to combine.
- Using a hook attachment in your mixer, on the lowest speed whisk the mixture, slowly adding the flour. Change the speed to medium and mix until all the ingredients are combined.
- The dough will be sticky, but it should be. Try not to add too much extra flour into it, otherwise rolls will get hard.
- Cover bowl with a plastic wrap and let it stand in a warm spot for around 30 minutes, until the dough has doubled in size.
- Heat up your oven to 190° C(375° F).
- Spread your working surface lightly with flour and place the dough. Divide it into 4 parts. Then, divide each part into 4 parts again.
- Shape each part into a ball shape (or any other shape you want your rolls to be).
- Sprinkle a baking sheet with flour and put your rolls, leaving some space between (they will still grow). You will probably need to bake them in two batches (depending on the size of your oven ;)
- Brush the rolls with melted butter and bake them for 15 to 20 minutes until lightly golden.
- Let it slightly cool on a rack before serving.